Home About Us Products Online Shopping FAQs Links Blog


The WHEATGRASS GROWER is a private residential micro eco-farm located in Northeastern Pennsylvania. As a boutique grower of nutritional greens, our mission is to grow superior all-natural greens, package and ship them in the most environmentally-friendly ways possible, and deliver them to you FRESH. We have been supplying wheatgrass and sunflower greens to a loyal clientele since 2005 and have earned a reputation for product excellence.

We currently offer fresh-cut wheatgrass and sunflower greens for UPS delivery to your door in Eastern PA, NY, CT, NJ, DE, MD, and DC. Just click on our Online Shopping link at the top of the page to place your order. Orders are shipped Tuesdays and Wednesdays. If you would like to place a recurring order (weekly or bi-weekly), please call us directly at (570) 587-5704 or email us.

We also offer Friday delivery of our cut and live products to small retailers in the Scranton metropolitan area. Sorry, we are not a retail/pick-up location. If you would like to purchase our products locally, please visit our Products page for more information.

PHONE CONSULTATIONS (Available Thursdays Only)

According to current scientific research, less than 10% of all cancers are genetically based, leaving the remaining 90% to lifestyle and environmental factors.  Have you maybe already been through one or several conventional treatments and feel like you’d like to focus more now on those lifestyle and environmental factors? Perhaps your doctor or nutritionist has already recommended adding wheatgrass to your diet and you would like more specific information about wheatgrass before proceeding, or maybe you would like to learn more about the health benefits of adopting a whole foods, plant-based diet. Let me help you sort through some of the confusion. 

As a professional grower with 10 years of experience working with healthcare providers and their patients, my own specialty happens to be wheatgrass and plant-based nutrition.  In addition to providing research-based information on wheatgrass and the benefits of adopting a whole foods, plant based diet, I can personally help you learn how to make the right juicing choices and incorporate wheatgrass safely into your existing cancer treatment regimen while deriving maximum benefit from it. As a certified Holistic Cancer Couselor through the Center for Advancement in Cancer Education, I can also offer insights and referrals to other holistic health professionals as necessary.

Telephone consultations are free but do require an appointment as they may take up to an hour to complete. Upon completion, you may be eligible for an introductory coupon for one free pound of wheatgrass (as a buy one, get one free offer) as well as a continuing 10% product discount on all future orders with no minimum ordering requirements. This product offer is only available to individuals living within our mid-Atlantic shipping area.

To make an appointment, please send an email to wheatgrassgrower@frontiernet.net


Proprietor of The Wheatgrass Grower, LLC, since 2005.  Ellen McGlynn graduated Summa Cum Laude with a BS in Psychology from Chestnut Hill College in Philadelphia, earned a Certificate in Plant-Based Nutrition from the T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies in Ithaca, NY, and learned about organic gardening practices and hydroponics through Cornell University’s School of Integrative Plant Science Extension & Outreach programs. She is also a certified Holistic Cancer Counselor through the Center for Advancement in Cancer Education in Richboro, PA.  Her health-related job experiences include assisting with diabetes research in a university hospital setting and working as a lab animal technician in a major medical cancer research facility.  After losing her husband to an aggressive cancer in 2003, she was compelled to follow a more holistic professional route, creating The Wheatgrass Grower, which has been featured in several newspapers, books, and farming magazines. Today, Ms. McGlynn continually educates herself in the fields of holistic health and sustainable agriculture. Her education and experiences in conventional health fields help ground her holistic business approach, and much of her clientele comes through physician referrals.

© The Wheatgrass Grower, LLC. All Rights Reserved